When my first child was born, I instantly felt the greatest love for another person that I had ever felt. This little life was in my hands, and I wanted to do everything I could to protect and care for him and to let him know how very much he was loved. And it suddenly dawned on me – this is how my mom feels about me. Growing up, I always knew my mom loved me. But it wasn’t until I gave birth that I understood the depth of that love. It was one of those “a-ha” moments in life that made me appreciate my mom (and dad!) even more.
With Mother’s Day approaching this coming weekend, we wanted to share 5 condolence messages about the women in peoples’ lives who love them more than anyone could possibly imagine – their moms:
- My Dearest Mom, You gave us so much and never asked for anything in return. A great mother, a beautiful person and most of all my best friend. God has taken you home and left us with a huge hole in our hearts. You will be deeply missed. Thank you for all that you did for us. Will miss you deeply! [Published in Union Leader]
- Mom, Wow has it already been a year? It seems like yesterday and a lifetime at the same time. I miss you everyday. I wish you would have been here to meet Ilan, you would have loved him. Thank you for all you gave me. Thank you for always believing in me, and supporting me. Thank you for letting me be silly all the time and laughing with me. Thank you for teaching me how to treat people and show kindness to everyone, even if they don’t deserve it. Thank you for showing me how to be the best mom I can be, because I learned from the best. [Published in The Sun Herald]
- I was so Blessed by Mom, she never complained about all the things she did for me. You see I was born with a birth defect and my Mom got me the best of everything thing she could, the best Doctors, dentist she never spared her Love and time for me and never made feel I was a burden with all the surgeries and doctor visits and every year she had to take me to Stanford hosp for testing and after she always took me to a nice resteraunt. And she was always there when I got myself in trouble, i could go on, on. I miss my Mom! [Published in San Jose Mercury News/San Mateo County Times]
- My mom was the best mom ever. She loved me so, and forever. She expressed her love for me everyday. Always there for me in my life’s most troubling times (and there have been many), always willing to do more than she should to help. She was the rock in my life, always to be remembered, loved, and respected. Never to be replaced or forgotten. The time I had with her is the most precious I’ve ever had with anyone in my life. Mom, be happy with the rest of the family in heaven, and save a place for me! [Published in The News Journal]
- You truly were the heart of our family, Mom, and home was wherever you were. You were always our biggest fan; you always knew just the right words to say when we needed a little advice; you were always there for us when we needed a little support. You made us think – and you made us laugh! And we always knew that we were loved. Although you are now gone from this earth, I know that your spirit is still with us – and we promise to always make you proud! [Published in The Desert Sun]
Legacy.com reviews one million condolence messages each month. Each week, we highlight 5 condolences with a common theme.