An Innovative Online Obituary Experience Designed to Better Honor the Deceased
When saying good-bye to a loved one, we at Legacy.com understand the important role our products can play in helping families honor a life well lived. This is a job we do not take lightly. With that in mind, we asked ourselves: How can we elevate our newspaper obituary offerings? How can we continue to help families honor their loved ones? Over the past year we challenged our team to develop an innovative new online obituary experience that answered those questions.
Introducing the next generation in online newspaper obituaries, designed with more emphasis on honoring the deceased and features families seek, including:
- Prominent obituary placement, larger photo/font
- Redesigned Guest Book remains online permanently
- Video and photo gallery with upload capabilities
- Video condolences
- Integrated social sharing features, including Facebook
- Funeral home and service information with calendar functionality
- Audio obituary function
- Easy access to send flowers or make a donation
- 24-7 quality management of the obituary and Guest Book provided by Legacy.com
Included in this online enhancement, funeral homes receive exclusive access to Legacy.com’s obituary Content Management System. With this tool, funeral homes can enhance the online newspaper obituary for their families — free of charge — including uploading videos & photos used at the service, updating service information, and linking to videos and obituaries that appear on the funeral home’s website.
Check out our new design by viewing an obituary on the Chicago Tribune’s obituary page.