Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the U.S., a day when we might remember loved ones we’ve lost by offering a toast to their memory – or by eating one of their favorite foods in their honor. It’s a favorite way to tip our hats to someone we miss, sharing a food they loved.
Today we offer five condolences in which folks vow to eat a favorite food in honor of their loved one.
1. I haven’t forgotten you and I won’t. I have a vanilla milkshake in your honor once in awhile. Maybe someday I’ll have a fish filet sandwich. You are missed by us big Jim. Save a place for me and we’ll drink milk shakes together again. Love, your brother Joe. [Published in The Middletown Press]
2. I’ve many fond memories of you, and look forward to seeing you again. Tonight I will eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich toasted to glorious perfection in your honor. [Published in Austin American-Statesman]
3. I’m sure you’re doing magic tricks in Heaven right now. I’m going to Rally’s this weekend to get a large fries in your honor. Love and miss you Paw-Paw! [Published in The Times-Picayune]
4. We toasted you at the ShowBoat and had a steak in your honor at Jack’s Grill, and ate at your favorite fish place Buz’s! Love you dear brother! [Published in Redding Record Searchlight]
5. Today, I will eat some Zingers in your honor. I think of you and your family often. I miss you, my brother. [Published in Bennington Banner]
Legacy.com reviews one million condolence messages each month. Each week, we highlight 5 condolences with a common theme.