Two weeks before I was born, my grandfather passed away. My grandmother regularly told me what a joy and blessing it was to have me come along just two weeks later. It gave her something to celebrate and focus on. And apparently I was the sweetest, happiest, and best baby ever, which made her smile when she didn’t think she’d be able to.
Babies are indeed a joy and blessing. When my son was born, we were flooded with happy wishes from friends and family, and people regularly dropped by our house to visit us and squeeze his chubby cheeks. He was my parents’ first grandchild, so he was appropriately adored and spoiled. There was something very special about that time in his life. My husband and I are busy preparing for the birth of our second child, a little girl, this May. And I know it will be just as special and happy the second time around.
People regularly share happy memories and good news in condolence messages. This week, we share 5 messages about new family additions:
- I have many fond memories of Ms. June – the best being that she was one of the “Trio” who gave birth 9 months after a Chorale Christmas party!!!!! Wonderful memories of a kind and loving mother. She was an inspiration to me as I mothered my large family. [Published in the Press-Register]
- Hi Dad. I’m turning into you!! I gained 2 granddaughters when Kimberly got serious with Phil. Then she got pregnant and had a beautiful little girl, Ava Marie. That made 4 grandkids. I’m waiting for Jennifer to have her TRIPLETS!!!!!, That will make 7 grandkids!!! You better watch out I’m catching up to you and mom.I miss you my friend and dad-in-law. [Published in the Buffalo News]
- So many memories of Helen as kids growing up and later as adults. The table in the kitchen was a favorite gathering place, always family and friends and a cup of coffee. I was pregnant for Sarah and struggling to knit a baby blanket from a pattern I’d found. I took it to Helen and she helped me figure it out. There was a mistake in the directions and she caught it and got me going. I sitll have that little yellow blanket and fond memories of that day and her patience and kindess. [Published in Kalamazoo Gazette]
- It was always easy to smile when you were around Ab. I liked to listen to his stories. My favorite is when he would tell me how my dad slipped, and let him know my mom was pregnant with me. Almost no one knew – not even Myrtle. Months later, Myrtle asked him, guess who had a baby today? He said, Virginia. He loved to tell how he had kept that secret, and would laugh about how suprised Myrtle was that he had known all along. [Published in The Repository]
- Guess what?! Your an UNCLE!!! Lala had her baby yesterday! Blakely Graham, 7lbs 7 oz. 20.5 inches long.I know that you would have been so happy. I wish that you could be here to share this moments with you. I love you and miss you so much!! [Published in The News & Observer]
Legacy.com reviews one million condolence messages each month. Each week, we highlight 5 condolences with a common theme.