Did you know that October 16 is Bosses Day? It’s one of the lesser-known holidays, but it’s a great time to let your boss know how much you appreciate all he or she does for you. I’ve been fortunate to have many encouraging and supportive bosses in my career, and I strive to be the same for my team. This week, we share 5 condolence messages from employees whose bosses made a difference in their lives:
- Diane was a wonderful boss, shot from the hip and rarely missed. Her enthusiasm was contagious, her spirit (through thick & thin) was undaunted. I will always treasure the Prebuy Team moments under Diane’s leadership. Her fight against cancer was heroic. Prayers of peace for all those feeling the loss. [Published in Kalamazoo Gazette]
- Fred was one of the most wonderful people I ever had the pleasure of working with at Pizza Hut. I worked with him in the late 80′s and early 90′s. I enjoyed talking with him and listening to Paul Harvey everyday. He treated me and everyone with the utmost respect and I consider him the best boss I ever had. My thoughts and prayers are with you. [Published in The Wichita Eagle]
- I had the pleasure of working with Bill at Delta in many job assignments. He was my boss when he retired in 2000. Just recently we connected through facebook. It was great to hear from him. He was a good man and a wonderful boss. No doubt he will be missed. I will never forget the day of my mothers funeral when I looked out into the crowd at the chapel and there sat Bill, Jim Harris and C.D. Turner. I was so honored to have some of my Delta family there and I remember it to this day. [Published by Moore Funeral Home]
- Rita was an amazing person and an amazing boss. She was always there to listen and always gave her support no matter what the issue was. Little things she did or say just made you laugh and bring a smile to your face and just say, “you’re too much” while you couldn’t stop laughing. Rita will be greatly missed but never forgotten! And I know in some way we will all at one time or other either talk or yell at our computers at work =) We’ll miss you Rita! [Published in The Courier-Journal]
- Dear Fran, Jeff, Jen, and Jessica, I am so sorry to hear about Frank. He was a wonderful boss and friend. I have so many happy memories of working at McDonalds with him – decorating his car at Xmas, having him arrested, Godiva chocolates, that extra $4.00 every week and our many lunch meetings as the years passed. This is such a shock, my prayers and love are with you all and your families. [Published in Union Leader]
Legacy.com reviews one million condolence messages each month. Each week, we highlight 5 condolences with a common theme.